Monday, October 02, 2006

Hello Again

Well Since there has been pressure from certain family memebers to get back on here and blog again I suppose that I can find time to do it once in a while. I am sitting here at Molly's computer and it is approaching 12:30 AM, typical college life. Molly is sitting here studying Calc three in preparation for a big exam tomorrow. I promised her a back massage druing the 3 plus hours that this study session will endure. So I am on a union break right now and decided that it would be a good time to get back on the computer and blog. Things have been extremely busy recently ranging from a change in carreer(not major) and deciding to go to grad school next year. The idea is to get an MFA in scenic/lighting design and then get a job as a tech director at a college somewhere. Western Illinois University located in Peoria, IL is looking like my number one choice for grad school. So we will see what happens in the up and coming months. Theater is still a dominating factor in my life, I am currently the lighting designer for our fall production of "Savage Love" a collection of monologues dealing with love and the situations included with that. On top of that I am the sound designer for the fall musical production of "The Fantastics." Along with that I am also the sound designer for a production of "A Raisen in the Sun" being put on by GMETC at the Dubuque Grand Ole Opera House in February. I have numerous scenic design projects to get done for none other than my scenic design class, as well as the duties included in being president of a college theater organization. The most notable of these duties would be putting a together a budget last week of close to 20,000 dollars and then defending it in front of the SUFAC board. We'll find out on friday how much they will actually decided to give us. So you could say I am eating a breathing theater right now. Well I should get back to Molly like I promised and then head home at a somewhat reasonable hour. Sorry that this is so long, but there is a lot to cover when you haven't blogged for six months. And so I leave you. Goodnight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Brother, It is good to see you back in the world of blogging and it was great to get the update as well. Mom had mentioned something about grad school for you, sounds expensive... hey what are your plans for thanksgiving?

10:30 AM  
Blogger tennessee griffins said...

Hey Greg welcome back!!! Keep it up!!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Greg. I'm impressed. You updated!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home